♥ Tony's version of how he proposed♥

-This is an excerpt from my journal. I could care less about spelling and grammar in my journal, just FYI ;-) Enjoy-
In the morning we woke and we to church at 10am at the Orme's building, but different ward. I was talking with Liz about random stuff, and I let her read my patriarchal blessing. She was shocked by it, and talked about her blessing and how similar they were, and how she felt that we were made for each other because she was here to help me achieve what I need to do, and the same goes for me for her. I couldn’t take it by this point. I said I was hungry and wanted to go back to the house for lunch. We get back to the house and Sister Orme was still home and was about to go to church. She said that sometimes afterward conf. the wards would have a potluck. I saw this as my perfect opportunity to get Liz out of the house, because now I have both rings in my suit pants pocket. We drove up to the temple and we needed to get to the top of the hill behind the temple.
We went into the visitor’s center and asked how to get to the hill, we were given directions and we went. There was a great exhibit about the savior, but I rushed us out of the building and toward the hill, Liz couldn’t understand why I was rushing her out of the building and didn’t want to see the exhibit. We now are at the gate and it’s closed, but the fence is only about 4 feet tall and had a platform you could stand on to hop over. So somehow, I convinced Liz to do this. So we both hopped the fence in our Sunday dress attire, and walked up the hill. I was breathing hard as a joke for Liz to act like I was out of shape going up the hill. I was also doing this to calm my heart rate down so I wouldn’t shake because I was so nervous to ask her. I knew what the answer would be, but still it was nerve racking!

I had no idea how I would start this, so I said you can always measure how much someone loves you by the size of the ring the man gives you, she said No its not, and I got on one knee. It was a beautiful day, and could see the temple and the ocean perfectly. Time stood still for the first time in my life, and everything around us seemed bright. I asked her by her full name, if she would marry me for time and all eternity. And I pulled out the big paperweight ring. She was laughing and said “Aww babe you are silly” but then I said, here is the real ring for you, and pulled the little red box out of my right pocket and her face went from laughing and smiling to total shock. It was a priceless look. I and I opened the box and she started hugging me as I stood up and kissing me and said yes she would marry me. And keep saying how sneaky I was, she had no clue that I was going to do this, and was commenting on all the things I was saying during the trip about shopping for a ring when we get back to LA, and other things. And we talked about how earlier she said that she wanted her future husband to pick out a unique ring for her that had symbolism behind it. So it was perfect in every way.


The Spirit really helped me out with this one. I am so grateful for the influence of the spirit in my life to make it so special. Hawaii has always had a special place in my heart and so does Liz and it was just 100% perfect. The Lord’s hand was truly working miracles that whole day. And it was funny because I was going to wait for sunset to do it, but the Spirit kept telling me to do it sooner. And low and behold that night it rained during the sunset. And that was fun too, because we went to Laie Point and it started to rain and we got stuck out here and we were drenched and we always talked about making out in the rain, so we did and it was incredibly romantic.




I was glad we got to experience that on our engagement day. During the night we spent it with the Ormes chatting and eating dinner, and then had scripture study with each other and went to bed



0 comments:

Post a Comment